Welcome To Virtual Flight
A subsidiary of Free-Flight
Virtual flight is all about total immersion – and that means two things, Virtual Reality and motion platforms. Virtual Flight are proud to be able to offer you the very latest (and we believe best) in virtual reality headsets, the Oculus Quest 2. The Quest 2 gives you stunning 3D scenery, complete VFR control over circuit planning, approach control and much more. In some simulators you will even have the ability to manipulate all the knobs, dials and switches with your hands without having to feel around for your keyboard or guess your way around the stick or yoke. In fact, the only external piece of kit you will need is a set of rudder pedals – although you may still wish to use your stick. Check out the individual pages for your chosen sim – or all of them if you’re undecided.
In addition, we are delighted to be able to offer bot consumer and professional grade motion platforms offering 2 (Pitch and Roll) and 3 (Pitch Roll Yaw) degrees of freedom which – when combined with virtual reality – will make your simulator experience almost indistinguishable from the real thing
Watch the introductory video below for a general overview of the Quest 2 Flight Sim capabilities, then check out each of the pages for your sim of choice for an in depth look at what you can expect.
Seeing Is Believing
One word of caution, If you are a family person, be aware your kids are going to want to hog your Quest 2, so you may need two – one for you and one for the rest of your family. Remember – outside of the world of Flight Simulation, the Quest 2 does not require a PC. Wi-Fi enabled and with 64Gb – or 256GB of memory on the high end version -, Oculus’ new flagship headset is completely stand alone*
Some caveats. The quality of image you will achieve in VR is entirely dependent on the power of your CPU and GPU. Generally speaking if your PC doesn’t have a high quality Graphics card sat in one of the expansion slots (IE you plug your monitor into an HDMI port close to the rest of the sockets on the back) chances are your PC won’t be up to scratch for VR.
If you think you might be in need of a new PC, Check out or Hardware section. If you are not interested in overclocking, underclocking, cuckoo clocking or any other kind of technospeak and just want to FLY, this may be the site you. We keep on top of the tech – so you don’t have to. We have tasty bundles from a modest Desktop rig capable of running Condor 2, to a full blown, full motion platform driven VR simulator for clubs, training organisations and dedicated individual enthusiasts capable of running X-Plane, P3D or MSFS2020
* Note for running flight sim software, or games originally purchased for Oculus Rift, an Oculus Link cable will be required to connect to your PC
PLEASE NOTE. The Hiring of our VR Simulator is currently suspended as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, and in accordance with Government and NHS directives. If you wish to be kept up to date with the latest news and situation, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Hire our complete VR Simulator package for your Special Event, Exhibition or Open Day. We are aiming to reopen for business in Jan 2021
- Harness the buzz surrounding VR (Virtual Reality).
- All of the gain – none of the pain
- Fully configured and licensed for commercial use
- Delivered to the venue, set-up and ready to start wowing the public and recruiting new members
- Use your own instructors or hire one of ours for the day
For Gliding and General Aviation clubs we have both X-Plane and Condor available on teh simulator
- Help your members keep in good practice throughout the winter (sorry – doesn’t count as stick time)
- Get up to speed on G1000, Autopilot and other instrumentation
- Get some members together to “Try Before You Buy”
- Fly in exotic locations you wouldn’t ordinarily go to
- Bundle the day your way – offer basic lessons to the general public or charge your members (a way for the sim to pay it’s way)
Where Am I?